mardi 25 février 2014

Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS)


Etrian Odyssey IV is a first person dungeon crawl JRPG with turn base combat a la Dragon Quest. The game was released the 26 of February 2013 and was developped and published by Atlus. Etrian Odyssey series is known to be for hardcore gamers that like to grind for hours to be able to advance into the game. But all that changed with the fourth one since you can now choose a Casual mode where completing the game required much less grinding and in the same time is more easy. I must admit that I've taken the casual mode, because I wanted to be able to pass the game quickly and didn't want to waste hours and hours into grinding.

I must tell I'm not the biggest fan of First Person dungeon crawl. Except Shining the Holy Ark, I've never finished one before. I've also tried the two first Etrian Odyssey but I was not able to hook to them. But the fourth was able to hook me enough to finish it (Story side only, not at 100%) Something that I really liked in this one compared to the old one are the animated ennemies. Their animations are really fluide and give a nice timing side to the combat. As for the story, it is pretty simple but enough to keep you advancing and wondering enough what will happen. Since your character are not preset and need to be build, they do not interact during the cutscenes.

So if you never tried a first person dungeon crawl JRPG, I suggest you this one. It's can pretty simple if you just want to past through it or it can become a real challenge if you want to complete it at 100%.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire